All Unity voice messages have a message class of “IPM.Note.Voice.Unity” (Unity Connection uses the message class IPM.Note.Custom.Cisco.Unity.Voice). Within Outlook you can adjust the default view to prevent displaying messages of specific classes thus hiding the Unity generated messages without moving them to a folder. This technique should allow for the MWI light status to be accurate and messages will be able to be retrieved via the phone.
- Launch Outlook
- Select View-> Current View-> Customize Current View
- Click the “Filter…” button
- Click the “Advanced” tab
- Click “Field” under “Define more criteria:”
- Select All Mail Fields->Message Class
- Select the “doesn’t contain” option under “Condition”
- In the “Value:” field enter IPM.Note.Voice.Unity
- Click “Add to List”
- Click “Ok” twice to save and activate your changes
The change should be active immediately and voice messages will no longer appear in the inbox or anywhere that this view is active. Different views can be created for different folders in case voice messages should appear in a sub-folder.
This was tested with Outlook 2007 on Windows 7.